Gobble, Gobble Paper-Pieced Turkey

Happy Thanksgiving 

Pumpkin pie for tomorrow's dessert 
being watched by the paper-pieced turkey topper 
I made quite a few years ago with some fabrics that are even older. 

Sew and Sow Farm

Visit Sew and Sow Farm
where Jan tells you about a giveaway.

"Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. 
Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have." 
Catherine Pulsifer


Yo-Yo Projects--Tools Speed Up Progress

Hello...I've been busy of late but decided I was long overdue to get a post up.
And, I see Val has Yo-Yos on the Tuesday Archives this week, so I am joinging in. 

Val's Quilting Studio

I don't have an old post to revive, so I decided to quickly click a few photos of yo-yos and write a short summary. 

I haven't done many yo-yos, but I did find that making them with the Clover tools really did help. 
As you can see from the photo, I have quite a few sizes and shapes of yo-yo making tools. I actually had a bit of a race with a friend. She did them by hand the "old-fashioned" way and I used the tools. I don't think she let me win, I truly think they help speed things up. 

Here are a few things I have made with yo-yos in the past few years. 
I like the angels most of all. 
The tree is stuffed. 
The brooch has an old button on it and a jewelry pin sewn on the back. 
The hair tie is sewn to the back of the star yo-yo.

Then the Valentine gift from my friend is very special. 
She actually used the heart yo-yo maker for that. 

If you have not visited Marian's or Janeen's sites yet, you should. 
For 12 days (2 days are done) they have a free pattern. You have to get it that day if you want it for free. 
They are cute...penguins and Christmas trees. 


This week is Thanksgiving and I am counting the things I am thankful for.
And I am thankful you stopped by.


Christmas Is In My Heart Quilt Project

Welcome to my post for the Blog Hop 
Christmas Is In My Heart Blog Hop
I want to thank Marian of Seams To Be Sew for organizing this blog hop. 
And a big thank you to Fat Quarter Shop for sponsoring the giveaways each day. 
They are fantastic sponsors.

Participating in blog hops pushes me to do a little extra quilting
and look for new ideas. 

We were to design a project that incorporated at least one heart in it. 
 I had a few ideas in mind until 
a book was placed on the Freebie Table at our guild meeting. 

I skimmed the photos in "True Friends Art to Heart" by Nancy Halverson
and found Heart Wreath Quilt by Teri Christopherson. 

I knew this was the pattern I would use to make this table topper. 

It will serve two purposes. The first for this blog hop post. 
The second, as my gift exchange item for our guild Christmas party.

I like the outline of the hearts made with red snowflake fabric. 
I used the Christmas tree fabric for the center of the hearts to say 
"Christmas is in my Heart" without having to use words.
And the backing makes it reversible for the season. 

I have a tip to share with you as to how I quilted the center of the hearts. 
I am not talented when it comes to free motion quilting of swirls and curves.
So I take a piece of paper cut into the shape of the area I want to quilt. 
I fold the paper in half and draw a design. 
Then I cut it out, see how I like it and spray some basting spray on the back of the paper. 
Place it where I want it and free motion stitch around the paper pattern. 

When I finish one part, I take the paper pattern off and put it on the other side to quilt it.
I like this method. Perhaps, as I use it more and more, I will get better at working without a pattern. 

Enter today's giveaway as you visit each blog participant for today. 

Tuesday, November 17
Patchwork Breeze (you are here)

There is a new giveaway each day, so visit the other participants each day. 
You can find the information
about those blogs HERE

Thank you for visiting. 
Have a great month sewing whatever quilting project is on your worktable. 


My Trunk Show Link and FREE pattern.

Online Quilt Trunk Show | Whims And Fancies

Whims and Fancy is hosting a link up called Trunk Full of Quilts.
I am sharing with you a small trunk show of quilts I have designed and made.
I hope you might get inspiration for your next project. 

Eye Spy quilt I made 10 years ago.

My tree (UFO) with snowman added from
Seams To Be Sew's EQ Seasons Row-Along2015

My Christmas design for EQ Seasons Row-Along 2015.

My wall hanging designed for the
EQ Seasons Row-Along 2015.
My design titled Pick-Up Sticks.

A 12" quilted wall hanging I designed for
Four-in-Art Group Challenge.

My design for an EQ Challenge.
Tree-Mendous Possibilities quilt I designed for
Cut Loose Press.
Quilt made with pieces left from Tree-Mendous Possibilities Pattern
I designed for Cut Loose Press.
Center from one of my mother's old tablecloths.
Wall hanging I made for my daughter's dorm room at college. 
Love You wall hanging made for my daughter's dorm room. 
Wall hanging I designed and available at PatternSpot.com
Christmas stocking I designed and available at PatternSpot.com

Tablerunner I designed. 
A quilt block I designed for the 52 Weeks of Twisted Traditional Blocks Quilt Along.
Available free HERE.

Thank you for visiting.

Stop on November 17 to see my contribution to the
Christmas Is In My Heart blog hop.
Find out all the details HERE.

Christmas In My Heart


Anticipating Christmas Blog

The Christmas Is In My Heart Blog Hop has started. 

Christmas Is In My Heart Blog Hop

November 17 is my post date. 
I have one project I will show you; but, I wanted to share the Monthly Project Download from Electric Quilt that I do want to make. I won't get it started for the blog hop, but it is on my list. 

Here it is: Heartfelt Holiday


Visit Electric Quilt for many more downloadable projects or all seasons.

Here is the schedule for the Christmas Is In My Heart blog hop. And I look forward to your visit on Tuesday, November 17, 2015.