11/25/2014

Happy Thanksgiving


Val's Quilting Studio

It is Tuesday Archives at Val's Quilting Studio. The theme for this week is Turkey Quilts.



The first is a paper pieced turkey I made into a wall hanging maybe 7 years ago. It is 15" square. I have it hanging on a tension rod between the molding of two door frames. (Colors are a bit off.)

















The second is a 3-D Turkey Wall Hanging I made 2 or 3 years ago (I did not put a label on the back). I cut the Dresden fan pieces using the AccuCut. I used a large yo-yo for the turkey's chest and made a stuffed head to sew on that. 



There are so many things I am thankful for--and being able to sew and quilt are included in my list. Happy Thanksgiving!


1 comment:

Val's Quilting Studio said...

HOpe your Thanskgiving was great Nancy! I love your turkeys and they certainly inspire some "play" with my second graders...be fun to make a turkey quilt out of their hand prints next year! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Archives. I always appreciate your support in rejuvinating previous projects and posts. :)